Croydon lawful support centre is shortlisted for justice awards
South West London Regulation Centres has been shortlisted for this year’s Law Culture Awards in the Excellence in Accessibility to Justice class.
SWLLC presents lawful suggestions, usually totally free of charge, from offices in Davis Residence in Croydon city centre, as perfectly as in Merton and Kingston.
Pro bono lawyers and volunteers do the job along with caseworkers, solicitors and a guidance workforce to aid about 8,000 persons each calendar year from throughout south-west London and parts of Surrey.
The Law Society’s Accessibility to Justice award recognises the companies and organisations of legal assist suppliers who go the excess mile to make certain that men and women have honest and equivalent accessibility to justice and that these most at possibility are not excluded from the lawful process.
“Access to justice is a fundamental proper but the cuts to authorized assist in current a long time have created it more and a lot more complicated for individuals to get the justice they need,” claimed Patrick Marples, the CEO of South West London Regulation Centres.
“Our staff is committed to ensuring that not only do we stand along with individuals in their battle for social justice but that associates of our neighborhood can greater recognize and protect their rights.”
SWLLC’s shortlisting follows the organisation being recognised before this yr by staying shortlisted for the Funds Information Awards and the Legal Support Law firm of the 12 months Awards.
The winners of the Legislation Culture Awards will be announced on Oct 7.
To find out more about the expert services and advice provided by the South West London Law Centres, check out their website by clicking below.
- If you have a information tale about lifetime in or close to Croydon, or want to publicise your residents’ affiliation or business, or if you have a area celebration to boost, be sure to e mail us with total information at [email protected]
- Inside of Croydon is a member of the Independent Community Information Network
- Inside Croydon works with each other with the Bureau of Investigative Journalism, as nicely as BBC London News and ITV London
- ROTTEN BOROUGH AWARDS: Croydon was named the country’s rottenest borough in 2020 in the once-a-year round-up of civic cock-ups in Personal Eye journal – the fourth successive 12 months that Inside Croydon has been the source for such award-successful nominations
- Inside of Croydon: 3million webpage sights in 2020. Seen by 1.4million exclusive readers