The Lifecycle Of An International Athlete – Dealing With Divorce
Wednesday, 25 May 2022
By Tammy Knox
This website in our collection for worldwide athletes explains essential details of English law in relation to family problems and divorce.
Whilst the intricacies of contractual clauses and the tax efficient structuring of property are without doubt at the forefront of several advisers’ minds, an athlete’s romance status should in the same way not be missed. Sportspeople, and people advising them, will have to thoroughly consider the probable economic ramifications of associations and their breakdowns, specially given that England is commonly regarded as “the divorce funds of the world”. This blog site examines:
- Key factors for specialists who are now married (or in a civil partnership)
- How is an entitlement to a divorce (and connected economical statements) identified in England?
- How will the English court divide cash assets upon a divorce?
- How will the English court address earnings on a divorce?
- Will the circumstances of the marriage breakdown affect the divorce or impression upon the economic division?
- What ways should really be taken if the sportsperson is single?
- What actions can be taken to minimise the chance of adverse publicity about spouse and children troubles?
Go on reading through this short article…
Sign up with your electronic mail and password
Already a member? Signal in
Get accessibility to all of the qualified examination and commentary at LawInSport such as content, webinars, conference movies and podcast transcripts. Discover out a lot more right here.
Tammy is a husband or wife in the London office of Penningtons Manches Cooper, specialising in all locations of loved ones law, especially these with an worldwide ingredient. She frequently advises on youngster abduction and global relocation of small children, fiscal troubles arising from separation, Spouse and children Law Act purposes, disputes about youngster preparations and prenuptial agreements. She is also experienced in representing vulnerable customers.